Sharpy is a 189W moving beam light with an unprecedented brightness usually achievable only with far greater wattages. Weighing just 16 kg, Sharpy produces a perfectly parallel, laser-like beam with an incredible output of 59,760 lx at 20m (5,100 footcandles at 65 ft). Sharpy is also groundbreaking for the purity of its beam, which is sharply defined and free of any halo or discoloration around the edges. It offers 14 different colors and 17 gobos, allowing you to change the shape of the beam and create an array of spectacular mid-air effects.
With its light weight and modest footprint, Sharpy is small enough to be fitted anywhere – on trusses at live and TV events, on stage, in showrooms or conference rooms.
Sharpy is also available in a shiny mirror-finish chrome version, adding glamour to sets while making lights a less invasive presence.
“We never thought we'd see a 190W light that we could use in Wembley Arena.”
2010 PLASA Jury
“This is the type of output normally seen with Xenon fixtures, not sub-200W lamps that could pass as carry-on luggage.”
Patrick Dierson, Live Design, February 2011
- 189W discharge lamp (Platinum 5R o Osram Sirius 190 Plus)
- Perfectly parallel, laser-like beam, sharply defined and free of any halo
- Unprecedented brightness – comparable to wattages many times higher (59,760 lx at 20m)
- Adjustable beam angle from 0 to 3.8°
- Interchangeable color wheel with 14 fixed colors
- Interchangeable gobo wheel with 17 fixed gobos
- 8-facet rotating prism
- Mechanical dimmer
- Frost Filter
- Rapid and extensive pan and tilt movements
- New, high-performance electronics
- Small, lightweight and easily transported (only 48 cm x 19 Kg)
- Eco-friendly: replaces far larger and more expensive spotlights
- Electronic ballast fitted as standard
- Available in “mirror-finish” chrome version
MSD PLATINUM 5R (8000 K) PHILIPS LAMP
Discharge lamp with a short arc burner in a reflector system
- Type: Philips MSD Platinum 5R or Osram Sirius 190 Plus
- Output Lamp power: 189W
- Colour temperature: 8,000 K
- Luminous flux: 7,950 lm
- Average life: 2,000 h
3-lens HQ optical group (patent pending)
Zoom: from zero to 3.8°
Light output at 20 meters (65 feet): 59,760 lux
Interchangeable color wheel with 14 colors + open
FRAMING SYSTEM (PATENTED)
Interchangeable gobo wheel with 17 fixed gobos + open
High speed shake effect
8-facet rotating prism
Mechanical shutter and adjustable speed strobe effect
CONTROL AND PROGRAMMING
Max 20 DMX 512 control channels
DMX protocol signal: USITT DMX 512
Display: Graphic LCD backlit b/w Display
Pan/Tilt Resolution: 16 bit
Movement control: vectorial
DMX signal connection: 3 and 5 pole XLR input and output
Software upload through DMX input
Aluminium structure with die-cast plastic cover.
Two side handles for transportation.
Device locking PAN and TILT mechanisms for transportation and maintenance.
- PAN = 540° - TILT = 250°
- PAN = 2.45 sec
- TILT = 1.30 sec
- PAN = 2.11° - PAN FINE = 0.008°
- TILT = 0.98° - TILT FINE = 0.004°
Automatic repositioning of PAN and TILT after accidental movement not controlled by control unit.
Long life self-charging buffer battery
Function reset from the lighting desk
ON/OFF lamp control from the lighting desk
"AUTOTEST" function from menu
Electronic monitoring with status error
Cooling system monitoring
DMX level monitoring on all channels
Internal data transmission diagnostics
Firmware upgrade with no power
Firmware upload from another fixture
Bipolar circuit breaker with thermal protection.
Automatic break in power supply in case of overheating or failed operation of cooling system.
Forced ventilation with axial fans.
Any Working Position
Hanging system: with fast-lock omega clamps (1/4 turn) on the base
In conformity with the European Directives:
• 2006/95/EC - Safety of electrical equipment supplied at low voltage (LVD)
• 2004/108/EC - Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
• 2011/65/EU - Restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances (RoHS)
This product is available, on demand, with cETLus Listed Mark, that complies with the UL 1573 and CSA C22.2 No. 166 standards.